Fallen Brewing was established in 2012 by Paul and Karen Fallen with the sole purpose of brewing great beer for you to enjoy. Our home and brewery site was purchased in 2012 and the mash tun was first filled in April 2014 after extensive renovations of the Old Engine Shed which formed part of the old Kippen railway station.
Since then, we’ve maintained a constant focus on quality and innovation whilst having a healthy respect for the tradition and heritage of the art of brewing. Using this approach, we’ve brewed multiple award-winning beers and gained a reputation and as one of Scotland’s leading craft brewers.
It was also important for us to minimise our environmental impact. We brew with electricity from 100% renewable sources, our spent malt becomes cattle feed and hops are composted. We use recyclable materials and minimise waste whenever possible.
First opened in 1856, this busy Victorian railway station played an important part in Stirlingshire’s rich rural heritage. One of many stations on the Forth & Clyde Line, it was the route’s second busiest stop, due to two creameries, a sandstone quarry and the Boquhan Brick & Tile Works using it as their main route to Glasgow, and two nearby country houses receiving visitors throughout the year. Although the station closed in 1934, its industrial legacy continues today as home to our thriving brewery. Renovated over 12 months by Paul and Karen Fallen, we began brewing our original range of beers in the Engine Shed in April 2014. The Station has provided us the perfect home, with no shortage of character and history, whilst providing space to grow the brewery as it continues to develop.